Dear Fellow Allergist and Members of the CSAAI, Last year at the Mid Summer Nights Wheeze, annual educational meeting of CSAAI, we had a wonderful program with Nationally recognized speakers. Over 10 hours of CME credits were provided over the course of one weekend and we are now looking forward to another wonderful program in San Francisco for 2018. The opportunity for all of the Allergists in the state to come together for a common purpose is one none of us should pass up. With the pressing changes involved with health care reform and the ongoing need to participate in CME programs we look forward to the up coming meeting. There are many benefits of membership and all Allergists in our state should become of a member of the CSAAI. As you recall our mission is the following:
- The mission of the California Society of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology is:
- To promote and maintain the highest standard of medical care for patients with allergic and immunologic disorders.
- To identify and effectively represent the common interests of all allergists and clinical immunologists in the state of California.
To fulfill this mission, the Society has established the following goals:
- To unify the allergy/immunology clinicians, educators, researchers and lay advocates throughout the State of California.
- To sponsor and promote educational and scientific programs, studies and publications.
- To identify and, in cooperation with others, address the socioeconomic, political and ethical issues that influence specialists in allergy/immunology and their patients.
- To promote and safeguard the rights of patients to obtain high quality appropriate medical care and to provide assistance to allergists/clinical immunologists in their efforts to achieve these goals.
Through our advocacy efforts with the state legislature, the California Medical Association as well as the ACAAI and AAAAI we have been able to support the primary mission of the CSAAI. We encourage each and every one of you to reach out to the CSAAI board members and leadership with any ideas or concerns that you may have so that we may continue to fulfill our mission. Finally, we are always looking for motivated people who are interesting in serving our specialty by becoming a member of the board. Interested persons should contact me or any member of the board.
Christina Schwindt, MD